canberrabirds

Satin Bower Bird in Campbell

To: <>
Subject: Satin Bower Bird in Campbell
From: "Mal Wilson" <>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 19:29:38 +1000

G'Day,

I have not contributed before but I noticed that a Satin Bower bird had built its bower in my next door neighbours yard right next to the laneway between our houses.  He has had a few females visiting and has been doing a song and dance for a week or so now so I thought if people are keen to watch this sort of thing this is a  good place to watch from a public area.

Laneway is between 92 and 94 Vasey and it's on the 94 side just look for the blue pieces of plastic all over the ground.

I have not taken a photo of the bower bird yet but I have attached one of a Scared Kingfisher that flew into a window and stayed for an hour or so a couple of years back.  I can't say I've seen one since.

Regards

Mal