canberrabirds

largish flocks of Wood Ducks and E. Coote +others

To: "CanberraBirds" <>
Subject: largish flocks of Wood Ducks and E. Coote +others
From: "kamprad" <>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 20:32:55 +1000
Today around noon I saw a group of approx. 300 Australian Wood Ducks in the air near Foxlow Lagoon. Near the edge of the lagoon were approx. 150 Eurasian Coote, 2 Black Swans with 5 cygnets, 2 Musk Ducks. At the lagoon banks were 3 Purple Swamphens. On the slopes going down to the lagoon and crossing Hoskinstown Road were 30 Yellow-rumped Thornbill, 15 Diamond Firetails, 4 Southern Whiteface, 4 Flame Robins and 1 Scarlet Robin. I saw a further 6 Flame Robins together with a Brown Falcon near the Foxlow Bridge
Further toward Rossi Road the were 3 Skylarks.
The ducks were really magnificent in the air and the Cootes were like a raft of shearwaters on the ocean.
My target birds for the day were the Flame Robins and the Musk Ducks
Cheers Julienne