canberrabirds

GPS answer

To: <>
Subject: GPS answer
From: "Mark Clayton" <>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 18:55:22 +1000

Good evening all,

In reply to the many people who have asked me what answer(s) I received, I can say they were many and varied. Tony Lawson provided several suggestions after he searched both the COG chat-line and Birding-aus archives [many thanks Tony]. I had answers that ranged from a system used on a bicycle to top of the line models that had maps included in the system. Most replies however focused on the Garmin E Trex as something that was quite simple, especially for an old technophobe like me. I gather they can be bought from Dick Smith but not sure exactly of the price - +/-$150.

Thanks also to Philip Veerman who offered to sell me a 2nd (?3rd) hand GPS. I don’t know what the price is but contact Philip if you are interested.

Perhaps some of those who contacted me could also put their replies on the chat-line – it is easier for each individual to send the message rather than me trying to forward each and every email to the chat-line.

Again, thanks to all those who replied

Mark