canberrabirds

Congo Campground White-fronted Tern & Double-banded Plover

To: <>
Subject: Congo Campground White-fronted Tern & Double-banded Plover
From: "kamprad" <>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 19:18:36 +1000

Following a suggestion of the reef off Congo Campground  for White-fronted Terns I turned up there around 12;30 on Friday.
I do believe I saw one amongst the Silver Gulls, Caspian & Crested Terns on the rock reef. I would be happier with my identification if there had been a group of them but apart from being a loner the bird ticked all the boxes.
As the tide rose waves flushed the birds off the rocks and to my delight 12 Double-banded Plovers joined the Red-capped Plovers on the beach.
On a return visit on Monday there was no sign of the White-fronted Tern but the Double-banded Plovers were skipping amongst the rocks and the small sandy beach within them.
Cheers Julienne