canberrabirds

FW: [canberrabirds] Back from the Swamp

To: <>
Subject: FW: [canberrabirds] Back from the Swamp
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 11:25:40 +1000

A Brown Falcon (one of a pair) in an obvious exotic, its leaves aglow with the gold of this brilliant Canberra Autumn, which reminds me that perching raptors around our wetlands, including the occasional Grey Goshawk and other transient stuff,  rely entirely on such trees.  The Little Eagle and Whistling Kite have nested in those exotics recently.  Hence, no exotics, no raptors.