canberrabirds

Jerrabomberra Wetland concerns

To: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Subject: Jerrabomberra Wetland concerns
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 09:28:38 +1000
Chris

I would add to Geoffrey's list of 'immediate concerns' a commitment by the Board to communication on a regular basis with the members of COG, about the Board's activities.  Given the importance of the Wetlands to the some of the birdlife of Canberra holding a single meeting at a Sunday outing is not adequate.

In the medium term - I suggest 6 - 12 months - there needs to be "something" done to start to control the other exotic species rampant at the Wetlands, both aquatic and terrestrial.  Many years ago a former President of COG referred to the are as a site for a Museum of Australian Weeds and it has got worse since then.   If the conditions there existed on a private property in Palerang Shire I would expect the place to be put under a Weed Control Order.

Martin