canberrabirds

2nd Gang-Gang Census

To: Canberra Birds <>
Subject: 2nd Gang-Gang Census
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 00:43:03 +0000
Seeing a group of 16 Gang-Gangs at Hughes Oval this morning around 7am reminded me that the time for the 2nd Gang-Gang census is approaching.

The 1st Census was held in August 2010, in the write-up to this in Canberra Bird Notes (Dec 10) (which can be consulted on the COG website) I suggested that maybe a date earlier in the winter might be more sensible for a second survey, as sources were showing that the peak of Gang-Gang numbers in urban Canberra was in early winter.

What about Sunday 5 June, 11am-noon?

Those who are interested in participating pencil this date and time into your diaries, I will send a message around next week calling for volunteers.

regards

John Leonard