canberrabirds

The Bay- Fruit Foxes and Emu Wrens

To: canberra birds <>
Subject: The Bay- Fruit Foxes and Emu Wrens
From: Dimitris Bertzeletos <>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 08:26:40 +0300
Hello all,

The fruitbats have been present since at least the 3/03/2011 and the Southern Emu Wrens in Cullendulla Creak have had a very good breeding season. I'd say you have 50-60% chance of seeing them on a single visit. Not bad for a secretive species. They can be seen near everywhere along the tracks that aren't adjascent to mangroves (though I have seen them in the mangroves as well...)

Migration has been overall slow. But the coming weeks will tell for certain if the birds have decided to take an inland route.

All the best,

D.