canberrabirds

The Yellow Rose of Shepherd's Lookout

To: "'John Layton'" <>, "'Canberra Birds'" <>
Subject: The Yellow Rose of Shepherd's Lookout
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 23:25:12 +1100
John,

For what it is worth: The GBS Report text for the Yellow Rosella indicates: It has been recorded on three records, these being in GBS Years 3 & 5. It was at that stage (at the end of 21 years of GBS data), ranked 179 in the list of species (by number of records, and that this is close to the bottom of the list) and that "the Yellow Rosella is counted as separate from the conspecific Crimson Rosella, because the presence of that sub-species is entirely separate from the naturally occurring Crimson Rosella".