canberrabirds

Wednesday Walk 16 March 2011

To: COG List <>
Subject: Wednesday Walk 16 March 2011
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 13:30:52 +1100
The following quote is for Gang-gang and the trips page on the website

"The proposed venue for the March Wednesday Walk is London Bridge at the South end of Googong Dam.  We should meet in London Bridge Rd close to the intersection with Burra Rd at 9am on 16 March and then proceed in convoy  the short distance to the parking area."

I will be at Spotlight at 8:15 and those from Northside may wish to meet there for car pooling.  Those from Southside may wish to pool from Calwell shops and come via the Monaro highway turning off at the Old Cooma Rd at Royalla and then Burra Road.  I have in mind to make this an all day trip with two legs: first go across the top of the bridge to explore the woodland on the far side returning to Tin Hut Dam and heading North for a bit after lunch.  Those who only want a half day could easily leave after part 1!