canberrabirds

injured Koel

To: "'Alison and Peter'" <>, "'Canberra Birds'" <>
Subject: injured Koel
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 16:52:15 +1100
I'm having a bit of a guess that might make it a bit more difficult. My guess is that at this age it might still be familiar with eating insects, as the likely food that foster parents would bring it, rather than fruit. Although it might have already made the transition to fruit or started it. It may be even more injured than outwards signs would suggest. I'd suggest the RSPCA would have resources or contacts to asses and / or advise. (Years ago the Wildlife Foundation may have been the group to contact.)