canberrabirds

Koels - why so patchy?

To: "'Tonya Haff'" <>, "'Canberra Birds'" <>
Subject: Koels - why so patchy?
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 23:04:48 +1100
Hello Tonya,

Good point and once again I'll give an extract from the GBS Report, the part that follows my extract of yesterday. This sort of previously said the same thing as what you are suggesting. This information was correct at the time.

Common Koel Eudynamys scolopacea

...........They seem to inhabit only the suburbs locally and are the only species recorded in the GBS not to be recorded in bush areas around Canberra (except twice, COG Atlas & 1999-2000 ABR). They are probably attracted by fruit, that is not available in woodlands. No breeding records - yet.
Graphs on page: 95, Rank: 104, A = 0.00298, F = 6.12%, W = 3.6, R = 0.279%, G = 1.07.