canberrabirds

Litle Pied Cormorant & Egret

To: David Rosalky <>
Subject: Litle Pied Cormorant & Egret
From: Beth Mantle <>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 18:19:39 +1100
I agree with Denis and Phillip about the altruistic behavior being unlikely. But Yellow-throated scrubwrens "optimally forage" with Logrunners, Brush Turkeys and Alberts Lyrebirds at Lamington National Park. The wrens opportunistically take prey flushed by the scratching birds and this behavior can, at times, appear parasitic.

Cheers,
Beth

Sent from my iPhone