canberrabirds

Eastern Spinebills

To: "'Tonya Haff'" <>
Subject: Eastern Spinebills
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 00:26:16 +1100
Hi Tonya,

Nesting at ANBG is a quite different thing from them nesting in people's gardens in the suburbs. ANBG is a very large area of great habitat, so I'd suggest that is hardly unusual there. That is different from suburban gardens. Both Martin and I were referring to GBS data, which as far as I know has never included ANBG (though some sites have included ANU). I will admit that is not exactly what Chris' original question was asking. That just asked about Canberra, not GBS.

Even so, neither Martin or I suggested it was a "rarity". Another example of misunderstanding of perception words - the point I was making.