canberrabirds

Kelly's Swamp

To: "'Canberra Birds'" <>
Subject: Kelly's Swamp
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 19:21:49 +1100
Malcolm Fyfe, Sue Lashko & I did our usual TBN Painted Snipe search there this morning, then went across to the FSP. None of the Painted Snipe of course but the water bird numbers there are low as I have ever seen. I saw all that Lindell saw (except the chicks of moorhen & any egret). Lots of Reed Warblers and Superb Fairy-wrens but not many of most other species. The pair of Little Eagles were there. I got just 43 species. At Kelly's Swamp there is hardly any visible water. There is lots of water but almost totally covered in water weeds.

At FSP the most abundant species was the Silver Gull (about 40).