canberrabirds

Galahs successfully breeding Capt Cook Crescent

To: Canberra Birds <>
Subject: Galahs successfully breeding Capt Cook Crescent
From: Nick Payne <>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 06:35:47 +1100
In the past I've noticed Galahs investigating hollows in one of the Euc. Mannifera on the median strip of Caption Cook Crescent. Yesterday evening just before sunset, as I was walking past, the two parents were perched on branches of the tree trying to entice their offspring out of the hollow, with lots of squawking from all parties. I could see the heads of two young Galahs poking out of the hollow, but in the few minutes that I watched they didn't put more than their heads out.

Nick Payne