canberrabirds

Migrating HE, and a local bird list

To: "canberrabirds chatline" <>
Subject: Migrating HE, and a local bird list
From: "kamprad" <>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 17:24:22 +1000
Honeyeater migration
I have been away for 3 weeks. Before I left there had been a increase in the numbers of honeyeaters around our house - a few  Yellow-faced and White-napes honeyeaters and Red Wattlebirds. Yesterday I saw several groups of approx 20 YFHE moving with purpose coming from the north east. A Noisy Friarbird was calling and seen along the road.
Local bird list.
Martin Butterfield writes a bird column for a local monthly newsletter in our area. The column is enjoyed by many local residents. Several birdwatchers send him their observations. As I have been home only a few days this month I was surprised I had managed to see 69 species. The most notable are -
Nesting Fairy Martins
Nesting White-browed Scrubwren
Australasian Shelduck
Rufous Songlark