canberrabirds

pink(ish) cockatoo

To: "COG List" <>
Subject: pink(ish) cockatoo
From: "Roger Curnow" <>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 18:15:52 +1000
Hi Alison et al,

back in August 2007 there were several postings relating to pink Sulphur-Crested Cockatoos.
These can be found in the chat line archives.
On this topic you could start here:
                       http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/html/canberrabirds/2007-08/msg00128.html
and go forward/backward.

As i remember it too much carotene in there diet,
 or too much dust-bathing in red dirt were the least rational of suggested causes.
Your bird though sounds like a Major Mitchell / SCC cross.

    roger curnow.