canberrabirds

Re: RE: [canberrabirds] bird baths

To: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Subject: Re: RE: [canberrabirds] bird baths
From: Alberta Hayes <>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 10:50:04 +1000

Hi all,

We have a pool and the resident wattlebird uses it for splash bathing.  It is chlorine, although at the moment is also disgusting having not been used for years and looks like a swamp.  Regularly dunking ridiculous amounts of chlorine in there hasn't deterred the wattlebird.

The wattlebird is also the most aggressive I've come across and has a nest in the front yard. Tiny chicks just hatched but I'm unsure about how many as yet.

Alberta, Chapman.