canberrabirds

bird baths

Subject: bird baths
From: Jenny Rees <>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 08:17:35 +1000
does anyone have a pool that the birds dip into?

We have a salt water pool and we have seen various birds not only dipping in but also drinking the salt water which is intriguing as there is a bird bath
about 2m away from the pool and 2 ponds with a stream between a bit further away so they aren't drinking the pool water because there is nothing else. I usually clean the bird bath out at least once a week with a blast from a high pressure hose to remove all the scum and then refill.

Jenny Rees