canberrabirds

Yellow-faced Honeyeaters moving thru Holt

To: "Canberra Birds" <>
Subject: Yellow-faced Honeyeaters moving thru Holt
From: "John Layton" <>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 20:07:39 +1000

Today I spent much time sunning in the garden, and at 10:00 hrs noticed a flock of small birds moving through a neighbouring block. As they crossed my place, moving from tree to tree, I identified them as Yellow-faced Honeyeaters and when they paused in a mixed chump of large evergreen and deciduous shrubs in a neighbour’s front garden I went inside and fetched my binkies and positively identified them. Size of groups ranged from  about 3-4 to 8-12 and were heading in a south-westerly direction. At 13:00 hrs a few small groups seemed to head back t’other way. Maybe, as the sun reached its zenith, the little twits became disoriented.

John Layton