canberrabirds

Fwd: beware the advance of the channel-bill

To: Canberrabirds List <>
Subject: Fwd: beware the advance of the channel-bill
From: Des Clark-Walker <>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 11:17:19 +1000
Dear All,

You may be interested in this exchange with my daughter Roz.  There is a report of a Koel
and a site for calls of common birds.

Des Clark-Walker.

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Roz.Clark-Walker" <>
Date: 2 September 2010 11:01:47 AM
Subject: RE: beware the advance of the channel-bill

Hi Dad,

I listened to the call of the channel billed cuckoo from this website:

and you’re right – it is most annoying! :0

I still think the koel might top it though. I was playing the koel sound to David here at work, and another staff member was walking by. She said that for the last week they have had a koel in Higgins. The invasion has started!

Love Roz