canberrabirds

taxonomic references [SEC=PERSONAL]

To: <>
Subject: taxonomic references [SEC=PERSONAL]
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 13:08:54 +1000

One of the remarkable things about the British fever is the popular literature that has been generated.  There is a sober history of it in ‘A Bird in the Bush: a social history of birdwatching’ by Stephen Moss, and much on the lighter side of BBRC operations in Bill Oddie’s ‘Little Black Bird Book’ and ‘Gripping Yarns’.