canberrabirds

Duffy Hill ( ie Narrabundah) Flock of about 60 red browed firetails +

To: "'canberra birds'" <>
Subject: Duffy Hill ( ie Narrabundah) Flock of about 60 red browed firetails +
From: "casburnj" <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 17:38:53 +1000

In case anyone is interested in this area , which I walk fairly often, three hours on Sunday from 12md brought me:

2 Wedge Tailed Eagles over rabbit heaven

2 Australian Kestrels (resident)

2 Brown Falcons (resident)

3 Eastern Spinebills

4 White Eared Honeyeater (separately)

1 European Goldfinch

Yellow Rumped Thornbills ( lots)

Yellow Thornbills

7 Laughing Kookaburras

2 Eastern Rosellas

2 Crimson Rosellas

Currawongs, Magpies, Superb Wrens,

4 Silvereyes

3 Grey Fantails

No Robins

Firetails of which about 6 stopped to look at me and then to follow the crowd – the flock was in the vicinity of the brown falcons – so I guess this is why they were in a hurry.

Cheers

Jean