canberrabirds

thank you David

To: <>
Subject: thank you David
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 18:42:11 +1000
Elizabeth's idea is a fair one. I think though that it is already done
to a large extent. Martin mentions many of these things in the urban
area and Jack does also for his usual page one thing. And they both
generally give a good context. David's idea is a better one but I think
it might be hard for someone to do this second hand, as details on the
chatline may be partial. Also that can give rise to biased results, as
it will over-report the unusual and give less data of the typical. So
over time the data set will give odd conclusions.

It is best for people to do full lists of their events. And I know it is
easier to write this, I don't do it that much. But then I don't go out
much and for economic reasons, rarely other than Mt Taylor or Kambah
Pool.

Philip

-----Original Message-----From: David McDonald

Sent: Saturday, 12 June 2010 2:21 PM  To:
  Subject: Re: [canberrabirds] thank
you David

Yes, good idea, but in my view an even higher priority is for someone to

volunteer to enter the observations reported on CanberraBirds into the
COG Atlas database http://cogatlas.org.au/ .
Cheers - David