canberrabirds

superb parrots - wanniassa

To: sandra henderson <>
Subject: superb parrots - wanniassa
From: Terry Bell <>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 16:45:30 +1000
0830 this morning at Mitchell for car service I had an hour to spare.
With foresight my spare bins were under the carseat so walked up Dacre
St, off Hoskins St on the western side of Gungahlin Cemetery. Suddenly
a flash of green, yellow and red as a flock of superb parrots landed
in a low, dead tree just 100 metres within the high security fence. I
observed them closely in company with an interested bystander and at
one stage they were joined by 5 of the red rumped variety. Good
birding Terry B.