canberrabirds

Finches galore

To: COG List <>
Subject: Finches galore
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 16:53:42 +1000
This morning I went for a run with a friend around the paddocks to the West of Curtin,  There is a dirt trail which runs from more or less where Heysen St becomes Davenport St (opposite the substation) leading North to a corral.  My guess is that there were about 30 Red-browed Finches and 20 Double-barred finches near the corral.  Also Yellow-rumped Thornbills.

In the early afternoon I did a 2Ha Survey of the area immediately downstream from the Queanbeyan Weir.  It was nice to write down 17 species in the 20 minutes.

Martin