canberrabirds

RE:Of Ceiling Wax and Currawongs....

To: hot line <>
Subject: RE:Of Ceiling Wax and Currawongs....
From: terry gourlay <>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 02:52:11 +0000
Dear All,
           Well I have to report to Vivien from Hacket,this is definitely not Finch Central,Currawong central Morelike.....But No I jest,yesterday was a great day,as the fog lifted I heard the chatter of a Sparrow.....First one in Years....Bvgger the Political Correctness,be he a Londoner or Nay,he is a little Passerine,a beatiful little fellow and he is very welcome,if only I could feed him along with my bread crumbs,a gene for not nesting under eaves....In the dim distant past as Many as four species of finches in groups of up to thirty could regularly be seen in my garden,now a small passerine of ANY description is just soo rare,apart from a few Pardelotes and the odd April Honeyeater,they have all gone it seems...But this Morning,Light was it seemed in the Upland,as I hung out the Washing,far above me heading towards the Dabbs Thermal between Ainslie and Majura,two mature wedge tails,what joy,I thought to myself,well theres something the Currawongs wont eat...But doubtless in the Currawong War Room they are working on it.

Australia's #1 job site If It Exists, You'll Find it on SEEK