canberrabirds

Callum Brae and RSPCA

To: canberrabirds chatline <>
Subject: Callum Brae and RSPCA
From: Tony Willis <>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 09:07:45 +1000
Seeing that I brought up the subject of the RSPCA possibly moving to a site adjacent to Callum Brae, perhaps I should make a clarification: the "information" I was given was that it was NOT the old zoo site but somewhere further (i.e. easterly) along Narrabundah Lane from the main gate. From COG's map of Callum Brae I'm thinking it's the triangle of land between Callum Brae and the road, extending almost up to the Theropeutic Goods Administration building.

Sorry if I seem to be harping on this, but it's just that a few people have jumped to the wrong conclusion. As I said before: it might not be true anyway, and perhaps it doesn't matter even if it is.

Tony Willis

sandra henderson wrote:
interesting re the RSPCA - if its true then I suppose they mean the old zoo site, which has become a real eyesore and dumping ground, but also a haven for small birds such as thornbills and firetails in all the weeds. The ACT dog pound is just across the road on Mugga Lane anyway, and the sounds of the dogs is often apparent when I'm walking around at Callum Brae, so I don't think the noise would be an issue. increased traffic would be more of an issue - more dead kangaroos etc (I've had to stop on more than one occasion for wood duck families to walk across Narrabundah Lane getting from the farm to the reserve). I'm out of town at present, but hopefully someone else from the committee will see if they can find out anything.
sandra henderson