canberrabirds

Honeyeaters on the coast

To: "'Barbara Jones'" <>, "'Canberra Birds'" <>
Subject: Honeyeaters on the coast
From: "Barbara Allan" <>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 14:21:20 +1000

Perhaps the birds reached the coast higher up then. There was considerable movement heading north across Percy Davis Drive (between Broulee and Moruya) on Friday 9th – I counted at least 1000 YFHEs in flocks of 4-50, between 9-10am and they continued on and off for the rest of the morning. Some movement, despite the wind, on ensuing days, and well into the afternoons. There is almost no blossom around – only a little banksia – so I expect they will move through quickly. b