canberrabirds

Durras Ospreys

To: "'Rod's Gardening'" <>, <>
Subject: Durras Ospreys
From: "sharon rusk" <>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 07:20:18 +1100

Hi Rod!

It would be well worth keeping an eye open to see if they start nest building in that area.  The Ulladulla pair have been very rarely sighted on Burrill Lake since the failed attempt to breed last season. I don’t know if this is because they (Telecom) have virtually destroyed the nest on the tower or a combination of other  things but alas I live in hope.  I have 2 Birdo friends who live at Bawley Point and they occasionally see Ospreys down there so they could have made their base down in that area. So good luck and keep paddling around Durras.

Bob