canberrabirds

Missing observation data in COGAtlas online.

To: <>
Subject: Missing observation data in COGAtlas online.
From: "Paul Fennell" <>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 10:52:47 +1100

Dear fellow bird observers

I have just downloaded the  COG Atlas for the last three months or so. There are 654 data sheets and 12854 sightings recorded. This includes a block of entries from the past activities of the ANU Women’s bird watching group.

However, there are a few anomalous entries, one type being bird sighting records which have no associated record sheet showing when, where and who made the sightings.

There are some of these more interesting records below, where I feel it is essential to ensure the correct record is retained.

If you think any of the sample below belongs to you, would you please let me know the details of these observations, and perhaps any other species you saw at the same time.

SheetNumber

RAOUNumber

RAOUName

NbrObserved

FlyingOver

BreedingCode

SightingNotes

179

Australian White Ibis

2

FALSE

-

Flying south

179

Australian White Ibis

2

TRUE

-

Heading N/NW

146

Black-winged Stilt

4

FALSE

-

163

Sharp-tailed Sandpiper

1

FALSE

-

046

Buff-banded Rail

1

FALSE

-

around suburban backyard pool, brazen

035

Brush Bronzewing

1

FALSE

-

heard

211

Grey Teal

4

FALSE

-

211

Grey Teal

2

FALSE

-

221

Brown Goshawk

2

TRUE

-

224

Wedge-tailed Eagle

1

TRUE

-

239

Brown Falcon

1

TRUE

-

240

Nankeen Kestrel

1

FALSE

cf

240

Nankeen Kestrel

1

TRUE

-

295

Red-rumped Parrot

10

FALSE

-

Many calls from dense trees .  Count conservative

337

Pallid Cuckoo

1

FALSE