canberrabirds

geoffrey and peafowl

To: "'Canberra Birds'" <>
Subject: geoffrey and peafowl
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 19:41:02 +1100
I am not sure why you made this an open communication, Elisabeth.  It is one
of those divisive suburban issues.  Many people do not like free-roaming
cats and would like to see resources applied to exterminating those before
attention was given to the relatively harmless peafowl.

At the end of the day, I would agree that Canberra's suburbs are not an
appropriate place for the obviously burgeoning pf community.  It has clearly
shown its viability.  Conversations with the authorities about its future
are in progress.

However, to reduce the possibility that chatliners will whip themselves into
a froth over the issue, which is more complex than acknowledged, I do not
intend to offer further updates.  I shall reply to any direct inquiries,
especially on behalf of the open-mouthed children who regularly come to see
something that excites them.