canberrabirds

Peregrine Falcon

To: <>
Subject: Peregrine Falcon
From: "Tobias Hayashi" <>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 22:12:23 +1100
Hi all,
Just trawling through some of my photos. I came across one of a Peregrine Falcon that was flying over Cooleman Ridge NR on Thursday. Clearly visible in the photo was a metal band on the right hand leg of the bird (no detail discernible on the band though). Wasn't aware that people were banding Peregrines locally?

On a different (but related note), I will be leaving for Japan very soon, where I will be staying for the whole of 2010. I will be aiming to learn Japanese whilst over there, but of course there will be lots of birds over there. In particular, I would love to see Short-tailed Albatross, Bonin Petrel, Steller's Sea-Eagle, Red-crowned Crane, Japanese Paradise-Flycatcher etc. I will keep in touch with everyone back here, make sure I keep a record of all the rare birds seen on my doorstep when I am gone :) In return, I will post some of the more interesting birds that I see in Japan, maybe once a month, just to entice some of you guys over there:)

So, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone, best of luck for next year, lots of good birding to all of you.

Cheers
Tobias