canberrabirds

COG walks, fell swoops and honoured breaches

To: "'Canberra Birds'" <>
Subject: COG walks, fell swoops and honoured breaches
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 14:16:34 +1100

And may I also file a mild protest at ‘Lead on, Macduff’, as sometimes heard at the start of COG walks.

The phrase is a mis-quoting of  ‘Lay on, Macduff’, uttered by Macbeth at the start of the fight in which Macbeth is killed.  All those children who follow this chatline will be pleased to learn that the nasty man got his deserts.