canberrabirds

suspected migration

Subject: suspected migration
From: annette carse <>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 02:04:47 -0700 (PDT)
Can anyone help please

Over the October long weekend I was camping with a few friends at Bittangabee Campground in Ben Boyd National Park to catch a glimpse of a few whales. Whilst looking for whales I saw a long stream of dark coloured birds a few feet above the ocean surface heading south, approximately 500 metres offshore.  I was unable to make out any detail as they were too far away to resolve with my binoculars but it continued all day Sunday and they were still going on Monday prior to our leaving.

It looked like a migration - for me an extraordinary event. Can anyone help me out with what they were?

Annette Carse
Kaleen

Get more done like never before with Yahoo!7 Mail. Learn more.