canberrabirds

Cats and birds

To: "COG bird discussions" <>
Subject: Cats and birds
From: "Denis Wilson" <>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:52:03 +1000
Dear COG Forum members

At the risk of starting a cat-fight (which is not my intention - but I cannot resist the pun) members of the COG forum might be interested in this report which was posted as a comment on a fellow Aussie Nature Blogger's report of a Willy Wagtail being killed by a cat. http://sandystraitsandbeyond.blogspot.com/2009/09/willie-wagtail.html

The comment and link is:
  • "The American Bird Conservancy estimates that 150 million free-ranging cats kill 500 million birds a year in the United States. To read the entire article on cats killing birds go to the Audubon Magazine Article."
Submitted for your information - and not (just) to upset cat lovers.