canberrabirds

Weekend obs - sort of me too but not completely

To: <>
Subject: Weekend obs - sort of me too but not completely
From: "Hastir, Chris" <>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 09:24:58 +1000
Hi All
Two green satin bowerbirds in garden Longmore Cres Wanniassa most of weekend.. also female golden whistler trying to make itself heard above about 30 galahs intent on stripping what is left of my back lawn late yesterday afternoon.
Great views and not too bad photos of powerful owl right at 115 marker in rainforest ANBG around lunchtime Saturday. Leo has much better photos!  After Leo left the currawongs attacked and bird took flight to other side of gully.. very distressed.

If anyone hears of someone losing a pet galah in Wanniassa.. please let me know. I'm babysitting a very tame one (followed me inside the house through the back-door in the rainstorm at dark two weeks ago!) Cannot fly.. not sure if wings are clipped .. sings, dances around in circles and speaks quite clearly. Loves a neck scratch.  I have an ad on RSPCA lost birds page, and have put notices in mailboxes in neighbourhood and also at the local shops with no success.

Regards

Chris Hastir
 m("4","m");@@@@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f">