canberrabirds

Fat juicy catepillars at Mulligan's Flat today

To: martin butterfield <>
Subject: Fat juicy catepillars at Mulligan's Flat today
From: Duncan McCaskill <>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 21:03:19 +1000
Yes, I found the PBQ. The linked photos are it. It was near where the power line meets the kangaroo fence.

Duncan.

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 8:51 PM, martin butterfield <> wrote:
Briliant images, but did you find the PBQ?

Martin

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 8:23 PM, Duncan McCaskill <> wrote:
The locals had plenty to eat at Mulligan's Flat today.

Pallid cuckoos calling almost everywhere. I also heard Horsfield's Bronze-cuckoos and Fan-tailed Cuckoos.

This calling cuckoos all seems a bit shy - I didn't see any apart from a Pallid in the distance, but this silent Shining Bronze-cuckoo was hardly bothered by my presence at all. It startled me by flying past my ear while I was stalking a Painted Button-quail:

Shining Bronze Cuckoo.JPG      Red Capped Robin.JPG

Duncan.