canberrabirds

Unusual birdcall

To: Canberrabirds <>
Subject: Unusual birdcall
From: Rob Geraghty <>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 04:28:29 -0700 (PDT)
Is there any list member who is familiar with birds around Canberra airport?  I
heard an unusual call today, which I'm curious about.  It may have been a
Goldfinch, which I've seen around Jerrabomberra Wetlands, but I'm not familiar
enough with their song.  The song reminded me of a Bunting I saw in Japan,
perhaps similar to the Rufous Songlark song, but when I heard the latter at
Lake Gininderra it only called in flight, and this bird sang continuously for
minutes at a time.  Unfortunately I had no binoculars with me.  I saw another
bird nearby which may have been a Pipit, but I'm reasonably certain that it
wasn't the singer.

Does anyone have any ideas what this songbird may be?

Rob
=======
Rob Geraghty