canberrabirds

Red-capped Robin [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Subject: Red-capped Robin [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
From: Phil M <>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 17:15:31 -0700 (PDT)
Ok. Scrap the koel bit. Given how distinct the call is, I'm not sure what I confused it with. Could a lyrebird mimic it?

The call sounded like the first part of this sample:

It was in the vallley down near fishing gap (I have a habit of bush bashing), so I am not sure how keen I am for a return visit.