canberrabirds

Dusky Woodswallows

To: <>
Subject: Dusky Woodswallows
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 18:04:53 +1000

To tie off the little D Woodswallow exercise, there were a dozen in the Newline paddock this morning, so with that and Barbara’s report, I think we can say they are ‘back’ and, speaking for myself, no further reports are solicited.

The result is that this year there were no reports at all in July, the last one being in Giralang at end of June.  This confirms the published conclusion that July is a ‘low’ month, when they are absent or only occur very infrequently.  For myself I would certainly regard any July-mid August sightings in future years as worth recording.