canberrabirds

Views all Canberrans will recognise (29)

To: <>
Subject: Views all Canberrans will recognise (29)
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 19:34:21 +1000

A CLOSE-UP VIEW OF THE MARBLE FACADE OF THE NATIONAL PARLIAMENT.  At a press conference today, Mr Rudd said:  “I am sure all fair-minded Australians will agree that I have had rotten luck since becoming Prime Minister.  First there was the unprecedented financial crisis; then we had those very serious updates about climate change.  After that we had the swine flu pandemic.  Now, all those hard-working Australians out there have to face the extra blow that these birds –  I am advised they are some kind of parrot – are chewing holes in the  National Parliament.  Well, do you know something? :  we are going to fix this.  Starting tomorrow we are going to fund a Parrot Advisory Commission that will report by the end of 2010.  I will just say this to my fellow Australians, very, very clearly  -  fair shake of the sauce bottle.”

The Facade.jpg