canberrabirds

Hybrid Duck at ANU

To: canberra birds <>
Subject: Hybrid Duck at ANU
From: Dimitris Bertzeletos <>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 07:08:23 +0300
Hello All,

There is/was what I believe to be a Pacific Black Duck X Chestnut Teal in the upper reaches of Sulivans' Creak at ANU today. The subject bird looked like an over sized Chestnut Teal as it was the size of a PBD without the facial stripes. Unfortunately I didn't see the underwing and I dout that my 2MP phone camera managed to get anything decent.

Will try for some shots tomorow.

All the best

Dimitris

check out the rest of the Windows Live™. More than mail–Windows Live™ goes way beyond your inbox. More than messages