1. To encourage active involvement and interest by students in
2. To encourage students to pursue their interests in science
beyond the boundaries of the classroom.
3. To encourage students to undertake planned and controlled
investigations in science and report their results in an appropriate manner.
4. To encourage students to apply these processes to scientific
enquiry to topics that interest them.
5. To encourage students to record and present their work for
others and in so doing, develop the various skills used in scientific
6. To enable the community, including other students and teachers, to see
project work done by students in the ACT colleges, school and preschools.
Further details are in the
I hope that there will be
lots of entries with an avifauna focus this year. COG chatliners might
like to encourage their (grand-)children to enter.
You are also welcome to see
the work at Mawson Primary School from 24 to 28 August and at CSIRO Discovery
Centre from 29 August to 4 September.
I was impressed with a lot of
the entries at last year's Fair, which is why I recommended that COG should
become a sponsor (I am keen to lower the age profile of our