canberrabirds

Tidbinbilla entry fees

To: Canberrabirds <>
Subject: Tidbinbilla entry fees
From: Rob Geraghty <>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 02:37:58 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All,

I'm surprised that there's been no mention on the list of the fees to be
introduced to enter Tidbinbilla.  The annual fee of $20 is very reasonable, but
the single entry fee of $10 seems excessive to me - it looks like gouging the
tourists.  Presumably the fees for coach passengers may also impact on the
number of tourists as well (or at least on the costs for tourist coach
companies).

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/06/25/2608098.htm

It's annoying enough to be charged in NSW for entry to so many national parks
with poor facilities (Monga for example), but a $10 fee to enter Tidbinbilla
seems steep when at the moment there's little to see compared to what there was
prior to the fires.

I'm interested to know what other locals (and non-locals) think about this.

Rob
=======
Rob Geraghty