canberrabirds

Pishing

To: Canberra Birds <>
Subject: Pishing
From: John Leonard <>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 12:15:34 +1000
As I understand squeaking is where you suck air in through lips in a
kiss shape, and pishing is forcing air out whilst moving the lips
rapidly to make the syllables 'psh-psh-psh...'

I find that either of these can work in Australia, squeaking seems to
work better for Fairywrens and White-browed Schrubwren and pishing for
Thornbills (particularly Weebills and Brown Thornbills).

But the effects are variable and sometimes you can gather quite a
crowd of birds, other times they seem uninterested.

John Leonard

--
John Leonard
Canberra

"I rejoice that there are owls." Thoreau