canberrabirds

Mulligan's Flat: Imm. Pied Butcherbird

Subject: Mulligan's Flat: Imm. Pied Butcherbird
From: Milburns <>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 20:56:37 +1000
I walked the full length of the predator-proof fence today at Mulligan's Flat in a clockwise direction. I would not recommend this to anyone else as it was rather tedious for the most part. The highlight was hearing and then seeing an immature Pied Butcherbird in a huge Yellow Box about 600m east northeast of the big but largely empty dam. This is a big but largely empty part of the reserve that I have not walked through before. No sign of any truly pied individuals. The fence is largely completed other than the fixings at ground level and electrification. Yellow-faced Honeyeaters were moving in flocks of between 50 and 200 individuals, in what could be liberally described as a north easterly direction, for most of the day.
Milburn