canberrabirds

Autumn/winter flocks

To: "Yarden Oren" <>, "Canberra Birds" <>
Subject: Autumn/winter flocks
From: "John Cummings" <>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:28:27 +1100
G'day
Not much of a change up here in the Top End.
I saw a White Winged Triller the other day and suddenly realised that I
have not seen one or a Varied Triller in the last three months.
Perhaps they all went south, at least the White-winged ones.

With the dry spell we are having the avian population is again moving
around.  The thousands of Little Corellas we had down the road has
lessened considerably and they are now flying out of an afternoon in a
different direction.
There are at present lots of young Willie-wag Tails, Blue Faced Honey
Eaters and White-fronted and Black-faced Woodswallows around.
The Greater Bower Birds had their your around Christmas time and the
Little Friar Bird juveniles with their yellow marking were around in
October November last year.
The Red Goshawk had its young back in September last year.
Gouldian Finches are supposed to breed March to May
It is an interesting spread of breeding.
I am not sure how it relates to seasons but am sure it does.
Cheers

John Cummings
CWC Services Manager
Katherine
W:  08 8972 9300
F:   08 8972 9333
M:  0407 181 002

Our Values - Compassion      Integrity      Respect      Perseverance
Celebration
Our Vision - To see a fairer Australia by enabling people in need to
find pathways to a better life.