canberrabirds

Grey Butcherbirds

To: "'Bruce Lindenmayer'" <>, <>, <>, "'Geoffrey Dabb'" <>
Subject: Grey Butcherbirds
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 21:11:51 +1100
Bruce and all,

The work of the CIMAG in reducing the Common Mynas is great but sorry I
really think this suggestion is over-pushing all of the little evidence
we have, beyond any semblance of serious. I don't think it helps support
the aims of CIMAG to over blow the story. I support that CIMAG is at
least attempting to obtain some evidence on the issue.

Sorry Bruce but I think it hard to even imagine what connection there
might be that would support this suggestion. Apart from that it is
likely that the Grey Butcherbird just might see Mynas as a nice,
although rather big lunch, the evidence we have is that the Grey
Butcherbird was not a regular in Canberra suburbs, long before the Myna
was even well established. This has not changed throughout the time that
the Myna has become abundant. In other east coast cities both species
are common.